Saturday, May 31, 2008

Unsolved mystery

One recent Saturday morning, I ventured into the garage to begin the weekly chore of cutting the grass. I hit the garage door opener and pushed the lawn mower into the driveway.

That's when I saw it.

I approached the object with curiosity that soon gave way to puzzlement. What am I supposed to feel when I see the headless body of tiny tin man, holding flowers, sitting on the trunk lid of my car?






My first reaction was to look both ways down the street to look for anyone walking away from the scene of the "crime." The street was empty.

Maybe my wife was playing a practical joke on me. Perhaps this was a not-so-subtle message from a disgruntled Munchkin or the Wicked Witch of the West.

Our next door neighbors, who are known jokesters, came by a week later for some cocktails. I told them about the headless figure and they instantly recognized that the lifeless body actually was a yard decoration that hung from their backyard tree.

They didn't have a clue how it ended up on my car.

The mystery remains unsolved ...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's just freaken hilarious you guys! I love it. I'm waiting for some "investigative reporting" to discover the true soure. : )

Lisa

QGIRL said...

I swear it wasn't me!
-from the wife