Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer markets in full swing

Checkout the bounty at the small farmers market I pass by every Tuesday morning. So much yummy stuff. But I can't help but feel a little sad seeing the late summer vegetables, because I know it is a sure sign that winter is just around the corner. ARGH.
Well, I suppose I should enjoy the tastes of summer while I can.

I always love seeing the Calder Flamingo when I turn the corner. I always wonder when OPI will create a Calder Red nail polish. (They do have Lincoln Park After Dark, so it could happen.)

The Nichols Farm stand is my favorite.
So many varieties of tomatoes! All salmonella free, of course.

Many varieties of Michigan apples. First of the season.

Green beans, anyone?

Potatoes!

I bought some of these Michigan peaches for the office, they smelled so good and were so juicy and sweet.

Beautiful flowers. The fragrance from the tuberoses was heavenly.


Last of the sunflowers.

No comments: