Friday, September 7, 2007

Mini projects

Baby blanket I am (slowly and painfully) knitting.

I hope that you don't think that I am sitting around eating bon bons and getting fat while Joe is rebuilding our house (although I won't argue that I am getting fat). I have a few mini projects that I am working on myself.

I bought a DVD on knitting a few months ago and taught myself to knit in a week. I know like 3 stitches now and have made several scarves, 2 cellphone holders, and a purse. Currently, I am working on a blue and white striped baby blanket. It is a painfully long process, especially since I am still learning the craft. With each project I learn something new, like if you only have 3 months before the baby's due, don't ever make a baby blanket with size 6 needles and light #3 yarn - this thing is going to take me months to finish! It is like knitting with thread, very fine and tedious. If I weren't so stubborn, I would have ditched the project by now. I want to also make matching booties, so I have a lot of work ahead of me in the next 2 months.

I also want to make curtains for the baby's room. That room gets the most light out of all the rooms upstairs. I am just going to make simple white curtains with a pale blue border to add some interest, I am also going to make them with white blackout liner. I made some blue and red denim curtains with a blackout liner for Dylan's room. It is amazing what a difference the blackout material makes - it keeps the room in total darkness and it is also a good insulator in the winter.

No comments: