Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chef Dylan hard at work..and an 18 week belly shot.

Dylan has been talking about making fruit salad for a few weeks, so I finally got all the ingredients (he was very specific about which fruits make up a fruit salad!) and we got busy on Saturday. He loves to cut up stuff. The salad was delish! 

We had it for breakfast with a side of "magic" oatmeal,  which is oatmeal with sprinkles on it.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Saturday night was also pizza night! It is usually on Fridays, but since it is Lent we did it on Saturday so that Joe could get his favorite ingredient - sausage!
It is amazing how inexpensive and easy it is to make pizza. I used the Jiffy pizza dough mix and it was seriously so easy. I also use Pillsbury pizza dough, but I think I like the Jiffy stuff better.
Toppings this time were, sausage & pepperoni; mushrooms, onions & goat cheese; pepperoni and pineapple. 3 pizzas for under $10!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Pizza Night!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


I couldn't resist adding this picture of happy Matthew. He is almost 17 months old!
Check back in a few days to see our Easter egg creations!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I always love your meals and even when it's something simple like pizza you guys add your personal flare to it. When I asked Brian what I should make for Easter, his response: Ask Quyen. Hee hee.. Yes, he was serious!!

QGIRL said...

Gosh Lisa, you guys flatter me!
I was going to suggest making up some Deviled eggs (I like curried or basil versions) and head to someone else's house for Easter dinner, that's what we usually do!

But this year we are doing our own thing and I am cooking the ubiquitous honey ham, and an assortment of spring vegetables ie asparagus, tender French green beans, maybe artichokes or just simple potatoes.

Checkout Martha Stewart's Easter Dinner, there is a link on the sidebar of our blog. Sounds delish!

Have a wonderful Easter!